If marriage is a set of compromises, this recipe falls under that category. I cannot understand why I adore this particular cheese (so with million others) yet my ever so loving and considerate husband abhors it (he’s not alone either). Oh well, I guess this is where the compromises come in.
So here it is, my versatile and delicious date and walnut blue cheese spread, the healthy homemade kind. I use it on crackers and sandwiches or simply the kind you dip your fingers into and lick away. So those who wallow in the Blue Cheese haven, this one is for you!
4 oz blue cheese
6 oz plain greek yogurt
medjool dates, about 6 pieces, pitted and chopped
½ cup walnuts, chopped
½ lemon, juice and zest
In a bowl, combine crumbled blue cheese and yogurt.
Cut up dates into small pieces, throw it into the mixture. Blend well. Mix in juice and zest of half a lemon.
Add the walnuts last.
Combine well. You may serve it on crackers, crostini, apple or pear wedges.
- 4 oz blue cheese
- 6 oz plain greek yogurt
- Medjool dates, about 6 pieces, pitted and chopped
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- ½ lemon, juice and zest
- In a bowl, combine crumbled blue cheese and yogurt.
- Cut up dates into small pieces, throw it into the mixture.
- Blend well.
- Mix in juice and zest of half a lemon.
- Add the walnuts last. Combine well.
- Serve with crackers or some cut up fruits.